Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Extra! Extra! Read None of It!

Another shortcoming of our society at-large when it comes to language is the heavy reliance on a thesaurus to add color and/or learn more words. The negligence and lack of effort or logic (should one really surmise that an accurate definition of a word can be gained from one simple like word? That is ridiculously stupid) in this practice baffles and saddens me. Sadden might be too strong of a word, but it certainly leaves me with little hope for my world's future.

Insipid does not equal watery, they're similar if the intent is accurate, but chances are you'll look dim if you substitute watery for insipid.

Well, I'm off to forget more words. Bender time. Tell my mom and her sisters I love myself if I don't make it back alive.

No comments: